July is National Ice Cream Month
Did you know that July is National Ice Cream Month? And that July 21, 2019 is National Ice Cream Day? National Ice Cream Day is always the third Sunday of July. It seems appropriate that in the United States, National Ice Cream Month falls in the middle of the summer. It’s hot and what better thing to do than to eat ice cream.
Some fun facts:
1. President Ronald Reagan signed a Presidential Proclamation in July 1984 to establish National Ice Cream Month and Day.
2. Americans eat more ice cream than any other nation.
3. The first edible ice cream cone was served at the St. Louis World’s Fair in 1904.
4. The 5 most popular ice cream flavors in the United States are: vanilla, chocolate, cookies and cream, mint chocolate chip, and chocolate chip cookie dough (according to the International Diary Foods Association).
5. More women than men choose to eat ice cream. But not by much.
To help you celebrate National Ice Cream Month, we’re offering double stamps on our #flavorspassporttofun the entire month of July. Anytime that you come in and get a stamp on your passport, you’ll get two helping you get that much closer to earning one of our three prizes. If you haven’t checked out our fun passport program this summer, you definitely should do so!
Happy National Ice Cream Month!